Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Music Project

I got this idea,
while I was sitting
and thinking,
that I could become a country music sensation.
It was a kinda' spur of the moment thing.

I'd be called the Candy Coated Cowboy,
and what I'd do with my lyrics is...
compare woman to... ice cream.

A song like,
"You'll be my rocket pop!"
would be my greatest hit,
and I'd tour the world with
a guitar that I play with a spoon
hanging slack outa' my lips,
and people would follow me just to know where
I was going,
and when I got where I was going It would just be at some sort
of trailer home.
My fans would be 
disappointed often.

But they would love me deep down
for my whimsical charm.
They'd say things like,
"We appreciate your whimsical charm!"
To which I'd give a nod, or a tip of a hat
like I assume all country music sensations do.

I'd have a huge selection of hats too,
as I assume all country music sensations do.
It would be massive!
And towards the end of
every song I'd drive an ice cream truck
on stage; yeah that would just about be the best.

"Screwball Salvation," and "Chipwich Crush"
would see me a great deal of success after the initial board-buster smash
and "Sherbert Heartbreak" and "My Choco-Taco Emotions"
would be equally as heartfelt.


I'd sell out shows at expensive venues,
meet the president,
sign peoples things,
and when they'd ask me how I became so famous
I could give a modest response
that only I could give-
one that kind of means something
but kind of not-
something like, "much obliged,"
and then I'd just walk away,
as I assume all country music sensations do.










No comments:

Post a Comment