Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Back Tattoo


While pining over a lost love
interest my friend divulged
his desire for one.

Talons brandished,
wings spread,
fangs doused
in wine of iron
and blood, he longed
for a dragon etched
mural-style across his back.

“And not just a dragon,”
he said,
“He'd be fighting a samurai;
and it would somehow
be more than that somehow,
you know?”

And it would be,
I saw it bleeding from
his discouraged eyes.

“Well that sounds awesome,”
I told him,
“I think it speaks to your character,
like conquering your demons and stuff.”

We both had a laugh over that one,
“You're too corny,” he told me,
“but that's what everybody likes about you.”
It was a heartfelt brotherly moment
I told myself I'd never forget
as we sipped our 40 ounce bottles of steel reserve
in a staples parking lot.
 













No comments:

Post a Comment