Monday, May 7, 2012

1st Impressions And Cocoa Puffs


Snap judgments form
with a “Snap, Crackle, Pop! Rice Krispies!”
I mean just look at that guy!
There's something wrong with that guy.
Or how about that old widow, grieving, she is so forlorn!
I just know it.
What about that insurance salesmen feeding the birds?
Total ass-hole, right?
I know that's what I was thinking!
I mean you can look at anyone
and form an opinion.

Look at me instead!
Boat shoes, head-bands,
belt buckles, and plaid shirts?
I realize I must
exude some strange affiliation
with gang violence.
But I'm not all guns and I'm not all roses-
even though I appreciate the distinct smells that each provide.

A broad-rimmed hat on top of a rice paddy
worker usually indicates
an occupation in rice production,
but really examine this guy and you'll find
he's an outrageous individual.
He has a wife, two babies, and a penguin
who's learned how to fetch his family fish,
and that's pretty cool.
I wish I could be that cool.

 













No comments:

Post a Comment