Monday, April 23, 2012

Getting Down To Brass Tacks


Getting down to brass tacks
is something I do, occasionally,
I think,
but I never treat it lightly.
You should never immediately go
down to brass tacks,
use discretion you filthy animal.
Here's a scenario:
We're building a boat,
I say:
“pass me my sandwich.”
No see you failed the test.
Boat builders live for their lunches,
by handing me my sandwich
we just got down to brass tacks.
Try again, let's arm wrestle.
Nope, your totally stupid, by agreeing
to a friendly arm wrestling match
you lose!
We're both dudes,
all we do is Arm Wrestle all day long:
That's brass tacks,
you just brought it
down to brass tacks.

What happens when
something loses all its meaning,
when it becomes warped
beyond recognition?
I think it sounds like “Getting Down to Brass Tacks.”
But you can't judge all
Brass Tacks by the color
of their elephant and you can't
talk to me, when I'm talking about
brass tacks because I just won't listen.
So let's just do it, let's just
get down to brass tacks,
all right?
You drove me to it,
I didn't want to, but,
I'll get the pineapple,
you get the turtle,
and we'll get down to brass tacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment