Monday, February 11, 2013

Meeting Lukk

I met Lukk
two years ago
in Oslow,
at a bus stop.

He had a patched jacket,
wool pants, bad breath,
and he was eating an
English muffin.

I asked him,
just by happenstance,
if he had a quarter for a
vending machine-fruit pie.

He said he did, and
as I grabbed the change
from his pleasant hand
he said, "Praise Jah, may duh fullness
of his entirety bring yahs to Babylon,"
which I thought was a little weird
at the time.

I then proceeded to walk over to
the coffee machine, totally distracted
by this Norwegian Jamaican man's generosity,
placed a quarter in and pressed the
"dispense coffee now" button.
I did actually want a fruit-pie, not coffee,
but as luck would have it, the coffee
machine was broken anyway.
.
Unaware that the Xpresso Deluxe
had been taken out of order for spewing hot drink
into patrons' faces, and
still musing over this mans amazing mixed
ancestry, I received my scalding coffee to the face.

Lukk just turned around and said,
"Sheeet."


No comments:

Post a Comment