Monday, June 24, 2013

Beard Growing

I'm trying to grow a beard,
and on the one hand my mother
hates it, but on the other hand
everybody else only has good things
to say.

Specifically, it's been said that
I look like a less-handsome
David Beckham when I have a beard,
and that's great!
Who knew it was all in the beard?

It just takes that leap to make it happen too,
that determination, that one day when you drop
the razor and say, not this time.
This time I'm going to bring the ruckus.

It's not easy either, by any stretch.
You have to willingly let your face
become entangled and enveloped,
and those aren't fun words.

I can't say any victim of an entanglement
is happy, but you have to suffer to achieve
this rugged woodsman look.

A man becomes scared to grow a beard
until it happens, but
I'm not scared anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment