Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Meteor Showers, 4 A.M.

I'm cascading through the street,
it's 4:00 A.M,
and there is nothing to hear,
total silence.

The stars shine,
my eyes itch,
I'm sleepy but staring,
my hands clutching a
giant coffee mug.
 
I walk past a
recognizable house to my left,
rendered a shadowery blur
from the not-yet-present sun,
when not long after
I start to hear the hum
of the towns new hockey rink,
situated a cool mile down the road.

No cars pass me
during this early morning stride,
save a police officer,
who doesn't even stop
to say hello or even
question my presence.
I could be some sort of villian!
What was he thinking?

It could be quitting time for him, I guess.
Maybe, while I'm just headed to work
he's been up all night upholding justice!
The idea twinkles in my obnoxiously
caffeinated mind, distracting me
from my position in the ussually busy road.

Then, all at once,
three speckles of falling space rock
dart across the sky
leaving nothing but
the fading light of
meteors in my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment