Monday, August 27, 2012

Costumed Panhandler

I met a costumed panhandler
that looked as innocent as sin,
and my friend tried to take a picture of me
as I was standing next to him.

But I could smell his ragged costume
almost like a urine sea
as I held my firm expression
reading, "get the fudge away from me."

He was Elmo,
he was Shrek,
he was a five foot Iron Man,
and he never let you take a picture with him
unless you put a dollar in his hand.

But mannnnnn,
he was the essence ipso facto,
of the city sprawled out nude,
he was the trip
with a hop and a skip,
on an island of attitude.

He encompassed my journey completly
that the four hour drive had bequeethed,
and as I gazed through this Elmo's mouth hole
he had to be missing at least eight of his teeth.










No comments:

Post a Comment