Thursday, August 16, 2012

Highway Clean Up Crew

Such good folk,
these gentle giants
of orange, such good, good folk.

Equipped with giant utensils,
genial expressions,
and just the right amount of attitude,
I often see them
combing the road-side
ditches of my local highway.
 
What an environmentally-conscious bunch of rascals,
I'm calling it now,
these guys are sure to pop a cap in
our earths pollution problem.
They're practically
homicidal when it comes to how much they care.
I mean genuinely care.
 
They meticulously scrape every
blade of grass for McDonalds
wrappers and cigarette butts, 
leaving me speechless from
the confines of my mom's minivan.

 I almost want to shout out my window,
"Murderer! Murderer! You're a murderer of
old-world conventions that suggest the world
is invincible and incapable of decay!"
But I don't...

No comments:

Post a Comment